1. All files must be supplied ready to print. This means correctly sized for final printing with any desired borders included and not requiring further color calibration or adjustment. We request that you do not add crop marks but instead size the artboard to the final print size. Please see file set-up for full instructions.
2. No adjustment or changes will be made to any file without the express instruction of the client.
a. If such adjustments are to be made by Skink Ink they will be charged for on an hourly basis in 0.25hr increments.
b. We may, at our sole discretion and with the permission of the client, make minor changes to a file free of charge as a courtesy. As long as these take less than 5 minutes to complete.
c. Fast Track files will not be modified. If modified the job will be become Full Service and will be priced accordingly.
3. All files will be proofed onscreen and a first printed proof will be provided free, but free only if the client proceeds to a final print.
a. The first proof is a ‘soft proof’ or on screen proof where we check for obvious errors in layout, color or resolution.
b. A printed or ‘hard proof’ is a reduced sized print of the whole image and a section at 100% printed on proofing paper at a combined size of no larger then 11” x 17”. The cost of a printed proof is 50% of the cost of a print of the same size and on the same paper used for proofing.
c. The cost of a printed proof will be charged to all clients when the proof is made and the amount will then be deducted from the cost of the final print if the client chooses to proceed.
d. Small prints (less than 11″ x 17″) to be printed on inexpensive papers (less than $15 psf) will not be hard proofed but will instead print straight to final.
4. The purpose of the ‘free’ proof is to ensure that the file will print as expected. We advise you not to skip the proof as we provide it for your protection and benefit.
a. If you, the client, waives the proof then you also waive the right to refuse the print and are liable for the full cost of printing even if the final is dissatisfactory.
b. If a print requires more than one hard proof, each subsequent proof will be charged for. Development of a work by pulling many proofs is not intended to be covered by our regular services and is outlined separately under ‘printmaking’. For more information please see ‘Our Difference’.
5. If a hard proof is made and shipped to a client, there will be a charge for both the proof and the shipping costs that will be due on shipping of the proof. The price of a first hard proof will be deducted from the final cost in the event that a final print is made.
6. ‘Artists proof’s’ which are full sized proof prints of the work on final paper will only be available for editions. The purpose of these is to finalize the artists’ choices prior to printing many copies. All other full sized prints will be considered finals.
a. Edition means where 3 or more identical but separate prints of the same image are to be printed at the same size on the same paper.
b. Artist proofs will be charged at 50% of the final non-discounted cost of a print. All other prints will be charged for at the stated full price.
c. A proof will only be considered a proof if subsequent changes are made to the file/job before proceeding with the final edition. If a proof print is deemed the same as a final print it will be counted as one and charged for as a final print.
7. These proofing conditions and discounts apply only to works printed in one job or session. Print on demand jobs will be subject to set up costs of a different structure to jobs printed at the same time. Please see ‘Print on Demand’.